Cazale: public water system

There is a public water system in Cazale that was established when a natural spring was capped. Then, it was diverted into pipes that carry the water downhill/downstream. The pipes are supported by existing rocks/boulders/hillside and manmade pillars. Falling rocks, mudslides, and flooding are all risks that constantly plague this

Continue reading

Bible Study Update

The three summer Bible studies were:1) Miracles and Parables of Christ – 16 people2) Abraham – 12 people3) David – 16 people The classes are completed and each class had a party to celebrate. There are 9 students that would like to share with you…. Today, I feel that I’m

Continue reading

Haitian Recipe – Bouillon

Bouillon is a classic Haitian soup which our team enjoys every Wednesday for lunch. Like most other Haitian foods, the recipe can be adjusted per each family’s preferences. Each province within Haiti has a different way of preparing it depending on the produce available in their region. Most often, beef

Continue reading

Haitian Proverb & History

Bay kou bliye pote mak sonje The one who hits will forget but the one who was hurt will remember. There is a plaque here in Cazale, a short way from the clinic, that displays this proverb for all to see and remember as they walk by. This proverb means

Continue reading

Health Education at RHFH

For many of you who may not know who I am, my name is Katrina and I am a Canadian nurse who moved down to Haiti 3.5 months ago to work with RHFH as their Director of Health Education and Pharmacy Coordinator. Taking on the role of building up the

Continue reading