- The Haitian government successfully negotiated a $2 increase in the fee each Caribbean Cruise passenger pays to visit Labadie, Haiti. Labadie is a secluded beach resort on the north coast of Haiti. Starting March 2015, the fee/ passenger will rise from $10 to $12 per passenger. The increased revenue will be used to fund projects in the local community.
- There is a project that is trying to boost the yield of cocoa in Haiti, as many chocolate connoisseurs and companies believe Haiti produces some of the best cocoa in the world.
- The US State Department’s International Religious Freedom Report for Haiti, published in 2013. It estimates that in 2013 80% of the population identified as Catholic, 16% as protestants. More detailed breakdowns can be found in the link.
- A DIY Solar powered USB charger for your devices, made out of an altoid tin.
- Here is information from the US Embassy regarding who must get a Permis de Séjour and the steps required to obtain one. This is required for those living in Haiti for an extended period of time.
- The current US Ambassador to Haiti is Ambassador Pamela White. She was appointed in July of 2012. Please pray for her, that God would be merciful in granting her protection, good health, wisdom and strength.
We plan to periodically post links to keep you aware of what is happening in Haiti.
Any links to external Web sites provided by RHFH’s web pages are provided as a courtesy. They should not be construed as an endorsement by RHFH of the content or views of the linked materials.