Johnley died this past weekend. He had been fighting Meningitis, strange fevers and HIV. He was 2 months old and 5 pounds.
Benson was admitted this past week with pneumonia and was having problems breathing. Dr. Jen treated him and he was on oxygen for several days. He is doing better and should be able to go home this week.
Christalene is 2.5 years old and weighs 22 pounds. She has mild kwashiorkor. She is currently receiving medika mamba.
Dumond is 3.5 years old and weighs 22 pounds. How many pounds of water is his body retaining due to the kwashiorkor? Time will tell. He is having a difficult time keeping food down. He does not want to eat or drink so he currently has a feeding tube down. He is currently on the medika mamba program. One of the great things about medika mamba is that we can take it and mix it with water and put it down feeding tubes.
All the small sores you see on his legs are leaking fluids. While he was waiting to be admitted there was a puddle of water below him that was from all the water coming out of his legs. His mom left him with her mom so she could go find work. She had not seen him for several months and was shocked at how bad he was.
Dieuline is 14 months old and weighs 11 pounds. This is his second time with kwashiorkor. She is currently receiving medika mamba.
Guirlene is 19 months old and weighs 20 pounds. She has a bad case of kwashiorkor. She is currently on the medika mamba program and bunking with Angela upstairs.
Mickerlange is 2.5 years old and weighs 16 pounds. This is her first time with a mild case of kwashiorkor. She was very sick when she first arrived and was passing straight blood with her stool. She was treated by some visiting doctors and is on the road to recovery.
Ti Rose is 19 months old and weighs 16 pounds. Her mom died last week. Her dad brought her down to the clinic on Wednesday afternoon. He was going to sleep outside with her in front of the gate with the other 75 patients that were camping out hoping to get a ticket to pass in the clinic the next day. ( We ended up seeing close to 400 people that day) I went ahead and admitted her that night at 10pm so that she did not have to sleep outside. We fed her throughout the night and she is eating well now.
Beanca is 8 months old and weighs 10 pounds 11 ounces.
Anel is 5 months old and weighs 9 pounds. He is very sick and had a 105.2 fever yesterday. He is on IV fluids and medications and we are hoping that he will improve quickly. He is currently on the medika mamba program.
Sanel is 8 months old and weighs 13 pounds. He is currently on the medika mamba program.
Ashlie is 16 months old and weighs 16 pounds.
Cutie pie Steevenson is 8 months old and weighs 10 pounds. He is currently on the medika mamba program.
We want to thank each of you that have given over the past few years to the medika mamba program. It is a great product that we hope to continue to use for many years to come. We are especially grateful to Troy and Tara L., World Wide Village (Pat and Randy M.) and Meds and food for Kids for providing this life saving product to RHFH.
In other news
- Ameyah has been sick the past few days with a low grade fever and crying
- Ameyah needs a passport to leave with us in last March US but the US embassy is currently closed for all report of US citizens born abroad so we cannot process her BC and passport. I have called the embassy here in Haiti everyday with no one answered or them hanging up. Nice. I called the US state department in the US and they transferred me to the Caribbean rep and she said she would let me know what was going on. That was last week. Finding it difficult to find anyone that knows when they might reopen.
- 1202 patients passed through the clinic doors in three days last week
- team of 5 arriving from Indiana tomorrow. We also have 3 volunteers here now.
- Cladette that has third degree burns, is slowly healing
- My brother Casey and his wife will be here in a few weeks
- Lori cleaned off her desk today-it has been awhile
- The cholera house is still opened
- 2 on feeding tubes, 2 on IV;s tonight in the RC
- tomorrow is a new day, we are hoping to start walking again