We appreciate all the love and support that you give to the Haitian people. Many of you ask how you could pray and we wanted to let you know about a few current issues. We are grateful that we can call on our brothers and sisters in the family of God to stand with us believing for God to move and His will be done. Please let us know if there is anything that we can be praying about for you and your family.
- The semi container full of supplies and food was sent on Sept 27. Please pray for a gentle and safe ride from Indiana to Miami on the road and from Miami to Haiti on boat. Pray for calm seas and a quick arrival to the port. Pray for good security at the dock and good communication to/from customs officials. Once cleared through customs, we will ask God to continue to keep His hand of protection upon it as it makes it’s way to Cazale. May the supplies be used to bring glory to His kingdom and care for His children.
- Please pray for the sick children in our care – both inpatient and outpatient. There seems to be a large number of children coming in with kwashiorkor. Pray that the parents will notice the warning signs and quickly bring the kids to the clinic. Pray that the children receive the treatment foods well and that the medications given will help heal infections, parasites, and other illnesses. Pray for wisdom for those caring for the children to give the best treatment possible. Their bodies are fragile and God can touch them and heal them.
- Pray for strength and good health for the American and Haitian staff. Some are still suffering chronic pain from chikungunya. Pray for three Haitian staff that are currently pregnant. One man is on sick leave due to extremely high blood pressure. Pray for God to touch their bodies and mind. Bring peace and protection to them. May the Lord keep all the staff under His loving care. Bless the homes and families of all RHFH staff, Lord.
- Pray for guidance and good decisions while we are making changes and improvements in the clinic. Pray that the Lord would bring His perfect choice for RHFH as we search for a doctor. Pray for our new chaplain as she brings God’s Word to the visiting patients, inpatient children, and staff. Pray that things fall into place for a inventory system for the pharmacy.
- During the remainder of the hurricane season (until Nov 30), we would ask that you would pray for protection for all of Haiti. High winds and heavy rainfall can cause much destruction in a short amount of time. Pray that the rest of the season is calm and quiet for all in Haiti.
- We encourage you to pray for the teams and volunteers that visit here. May they open their hearts to the Lord and draw close to Him. Pray protection, safety, health, good travel, understanding, collaboration, creativity, sound sleep, and many opportunities to share God’s Word and show His love.
- Pray for abundant blessings for those who support RHFH and other ministries in Haiti. May we seek His will in all we do and always strive to bring glory to His name.
Thank you for your prayer support and love! Knowing that you are praying for us brings us strength and joy. You each hold a special place in our hearts and we pray that the Lord makes Himself known to you in a real and marvelous way.