It’s hard to believe that the time has arrived for us to look ahead at the not-too-distant future and begin planning for the 2013-2014 school year. The search for a teacher for the Real Hope for Haiti Homeschool has now officially begun!
- Teach three elementary students and one high school student, with a new addition of a part-time pre-school student.
- Utilize provided curriculum and classroom resources to design structured lesson plans.
- Encourage students’ strengths, be diligent in working through students’ challenges.
- Create an environment that allows the students to develop a love for learning.
- A private bedroom within the RHFH guesthouse. One bathroom (with shower) is shared at the guesthouse.
- One round-trip plane ticket from the U.S. to Haiti.
- Housing and meals.
- Electricity 24/7 (fans, lights, electronics can be powered).
- Clean, safe water. We even have ice!
- Laundry service (hand-wash only).
- Phone for calling within Haiti and limited use for international calls.
- A potentially life-changing experience and an incredible adventure!
This is a volunteer position, and does NOT offer a salary or financial compensation of any kind.
- Be available for entire school year, early August through mid-May. A half-year commitment can be considered, but not preferred.
- Be willing to follow a daily established schedule, yet be flexible when circumstances arise requiring adjustments.
- Be fully dedicated to the teaching position, realizing the incredible value of that ministry. Any unrelated ministry opportunities that the teacher would like to pursue must be fully yielding to the primary focus of teaching.
- Be respectful of confidentiality, both for the students and the mission. (The rights of these students and patients deserve just as much respect as those of the students and patients in the U.S.)
- A heart for Jesus. Dedicated to serving Him, desiring to grow in Him, and allowing Him to be seen through you.
- Good communication skills.
- Flexible, able to roll with whatever challenges that might (will!) present themselves. Must be patient.
- A good sense of humor.
- An open mind.
- A humble heart.
- Be able to handle living in an isolated rural setting with few opportunities to leave the area.
- Be prepared to eat a balance of Haitian and American food, understanding that many American foods are expensive or unavailable, therefore rarely served. (Have the mindset of “Eat to live, not live to eat.”)
- A willingness to think outside of the box.
- A comprehension that this ministry position may not be glamorous or filled with cutting-edge excitement, but that the potential impact this position can have is to shape the minds of a future generation that may one day be leaders in Haiti, able to bring positive change to this country. (That is huge!)
- An understanding that the Cazale area is hot and humid, has lots of bugs and rodents, and can be noisy. While normally a safe and peaceful place, it requires common sense and respect for rules/directions/guidelines given by RHFH staff who have many years of experience living here.
- An understanding that Real Hope for Haiti is a place where one’s heart, mind and soul will be stretched and challenged.
The RHFH homeschool teacher is an important one, very dear to our hearts. We are already praying for the right person to fill the position. We trust that God has a great plan for the upcoming school year; not only for our children, but for the teacher as well. We promise that with the right attitude and heart, this position can be such an incredible blessing. You cannot out-give God!
Here is the blog post from last year about the 2012-2013 teacher position. In it, you can read a bit more about our kiddos and see a few more pictures. We think they’re pretty great kids….and cute, too! 🙂
Please feel free to share this information with your friends, family, or anyone you know that might be interested in this position. Then pray for them! Or maybe it’s YOU that God is calling? Hmmmm????
Anyone interested in applying for this position simply needs to email Allison ( email@example.com ) and request an application.
Deadline for applications is May 15, 2013.
Thank you for helping us spread the word!