RHFH employees #3 and #4

This is a husband and wife that both work for RHFH. Rilcane is the only lady left of the original people hired when we started the RC.  They are both great employees.  They have been together since they were teenagers and seem to have a really good relationship with each

Continue reading

Hudson-RHFH employee post #2

This is Hudson with his wife, who is 5 months pregnant, and there little girl. How long have you been working for RHFH? August 7 2008 How old are you? 35 How many brothers and sisters do you have? I have 2 brothers and one sister that are alive.  I

Continue reading

The planting has started! Happy May 1st!

The rainy season had started here in our area and the so the mountains are open for planting! We have been growing vetiver in the clinic yard for a year now.  About every 3 months we can plant what has grown and replant new starts. Vetiver grass is amazing. The

Continue reading

Gathering Seeds

On Saturday, the community group went searching for seeds and we found lots!  These will be planted in sacks in our nursery and the seedlings replanted on the barren mountain sides surrounding Cazale.  During the drought/dry season, the tree sheds all it’s leaves.  When the rains come again, the leaves

Continue reading

For such a time as this…

“I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me trustworthy, appointing me to his service.” 1 Timothy 1:12 On May 25th of 2010 I stepped foot onto a little island that I thought would simply be a place for me to help and be

Continue reading

Cleaning the River

HAPPY SATURDAY! (Anna here)  I love that my first day here was Saturday because I got to see the community group in action right in front of RHFH and weighed all the kids.  Crazy how much kids grow in 4 months!! See these hardworking people? Aren’t they awesome! The community

Continue reading