Haitian Recipe : Fried Plantains

Fried plantains (banan peze) is a common Haitian food you can find being sold on the streets or being cooked in their individual homes. It can be served as a side dish, appetizer or as an afternoon snack. Most often, fried plantains are served with pikliz (a spicy type of

Continue reading

Villagers View~Coutanceau

My name is Marie. I do not know how old I am, I have never had a birth certificate. I was born in the village or Coutanceau. I have worked the earth my whole life. I never had a chance to attend school, so I cannot read or write. I

Continue reading

Hope Family Spotlight~Marie Ange

We have known Marie Ange for many years. She has been in the Rescue Center several times over the last 9 years. Each time her recovery has been more and more difficult for her. In 2019 she was very near death after another time of malnutrition. After this she was

Continue reading

Bible Study Update – May 2021

Two classes graduated at the beginning of April and had parties to celebrate and tell what they had learned. Here is an update on the three current classes: The class about David is being taught by Mathurin. There are 16 people in this study that is running from April 23

Continue reading

Hope Family Spotlight~Paul

Paul has been with us since 2012. He came to the clinic with his grandpa. Both of his parents died when he was young. He was malnourished and was put on the outpatient mamba program. The grandpa was very old and his only family member who was still in the

Continue reading

Pictures Cazale~Market

Tuesday is the bigger open market day here in Cazale. Just this past year they have also added Friday for a market day, but it remains a very small amount of people on that day. On market day vendors come from different villages to sell their good to others. It

Continue reading